CPSP Scholarship Program
The President of CPSP is pleased to announce that, following a recent visit to the UK, the College has been able to secure additional clinical placements for CPSP trainees and Fellows at University Hospitals Birmingham (UHB). CPSP has approved these clinical placements and the training provided at UHB meets the College requirements for postgraduate examinations of the College.
The College provides a stipend through its Scholarship programme to trainees and Fellows selected for these placements which are for two years duration. At present, around 50 trainees and Fellows are receiving high quality hands-on training at UHB.
UHB NHS Trust is one of the largest university teaching hospital Trusts in the UK. UHB has an international reputation and recognition for postgraduate training in healthcare. Trainees on these clinical placements are supervised by a clinical supervisor and their training is overseen by an Educational Supervisor. The College has also appointed a Regional Director, based in Birmingham, who is available to guide trainees during their two-year programme.
Places are limited, and applications are invited from trainees who have completed the IMM module in the following specialities:
- General Surgery
- General Medicine
- Trauma and Orthopaedics
Apply OnlineClick for online Application Form
NOTE : The incomplete application form will not be considered
UHB will sponsor GMC registration provided that the applicant has the required score in the IELTS.
Eligibility and application process
- Candidates must be in good standing with the College.
- Consideration will only be given to trainees who have been successful in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to a level that will allow registration with the GMC e.g. at least 7.0 in each testing area (speaking, listening, reading and writing), and an overall score of 7.5.
- In those subjects where IMM is not available, they can also apply after completion of two years successful training plus other requirements.
- Candidates must provide their experience which must be supported by the log book available with the College. The College may seek additional information.
- Applications must be submitted online in the given format.
- All required information should be correct and the necessary documents should be uploaded with your online application submission. Please do not upload the unnecessary documents.
- The Government servants can apply through their respective departments. A copy of NOC will be uploaded with their application.
- Those who will be selected from government institutions are responsible to arrange their Ex- Pakistan Leave.
- Selection will be based on interview and the final decision of the College.
- Interviews will be conducted at CPSP Regional Centers Peshawar, Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and also may be at Multan and Quetta in the last week of June 2018. The exact date will be notified later.
- The candidates are strictly advised not to directly coordinate with University Hospitals Birmingham (UHB) until and unless they are selected for this scholarship programme. Violation of the said instructions will result in disqualification of their selection.
- For any assistance/help you can coordinate with Ms. Noureen Khan at firstname.lastname@example.org and also contact at 021-99266433.
- Successful candidates will be required to give an undertaking that they will return to Pakistan on completion of their training.
- Last date of submission of application is 5th June 2018.
The GMC requires (and only accepts) the IELTS Academic test.
Listening and Speaking are the same for both tests, but the subject matter of the Reading and Writing components differs for each test. So you need to apply for IELTS Academic to get the GMC Registration.
You can appear either for Regular IELTS or UKVI IELTS but you need to have all four components Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing for GMC registration.