CPSP International Training Program
CPSP International Scholarship Programme at University Hospitals Birmingham (UHB)
International Training Fellowships September 2019 APPLY ONLINE
- As part of the partnership University Hospitals Birmingham (UHB), the President of CPSP is pleased to announce that the College has agreed further clinical placements for CPSP trainees and Fellows. CPSP has approved and the training provided during these clinical placements as meeting the College requirements for postgraduate examinations of the College and for continuous professional development.
- UHB is one of the largest university teaching hospital trusts in the UK and has an international reputation for postgraduate training in healthcare. The UHB International Fellowship Programme is a high-quality training programme. Trainees on this programme are supervised by a clinical supervisor with their training being overseen by an educational supervisor. It is these placements which the College has secured for CPSP trainees and Fellows as part of its “Brain gain not brain drain” policy.
- The College provides a stipend through its scholarship programme to trainees and fellows selected for these placements for the whole period of the fellowship (two years). Further information on this can be obtained from the College.
- In addition, the College has a Regional Director, based in Birmingham, who is available to guide trainees during their two-year programme
CPSP is pleased to offer training at UHB in the following disciplines for September 2019:
Junior Fellowships (IMM)
- 1. Acute and General Medicine
A Fellowship in Acute and General Medicine will require you to rotate through a number of sub-specialities of medicine, including acute medicine. These include, but are not limited to, Infectious Diseases; Respiratory Medicine; Nephrology; Diabetes; Dermatology; Medical Oncology; and Haematology
- 2. Cardiology
- 3. Critical Care
- 4. Emergency Medicine
- 5. Geriatric Medicine (Elderly Care)
- 6. Burns and Plastics
- 7. General Surgery
- 8. Trauma and Orthopaedics
- 9. Urology
- 10. Acute Paediatrics A structured 2 year Fellowship Programme with the opportunity to subspecialise. These will include Respiratory (including Cystic Fibrosis); Infectious Diseases and Immunology / Allergies; Diabetes and Endocrinology; and Epilepsy
- 11. Emergency Medicine
- 12. Plastic Surgery
- 13. Liver Surgery
- 14. Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- 15. Neonatology
- 16. Paediatric
- General Paediatrics
- Paediatric Intensive Care
- 1. Acute and General Medicine A Fellowship in Acute and General Medicine will require you to rotate through a number of sub-specialities of medicine, including acute medicine. These include, but are not limited to, Infectious Diseases; Respiratory Medicine; Nephrology; Diabetes; Dermatology; Medical Oncology; and Haematology
Senior Fellowships (FCPS)
- 1. General Anaesthesia and Critical Care
- 2. Neuro Anaesthesia and Critical Care
- 3. Critical Care (ICM)
- 4. Diabetes and Endocrinology
- 5. Infectious Diseases / HIV
- 6. Haematology
- 7. Neurology
- 8. Nephrology
- 9. Respiratory Medicine
- 10. General Acute Paediatrics
- 11. Neonatology
- 12. General Surgery
- 13. Breast Surgery
- 14. Renal Surgery
- 15. Cardiac Surgery
- 16. Burns and Plastic Surgery
- 17. Hand and Upper Limb Surgery
- 18. ENT
- 19. Neurosurgery
- 20. Trauma and Orthopaedics
- 21. Urology
- 22. General Ophthalmology
- 23.Emergency Medicine
- 24.Plastic Surgery
- 25.Liver Surgery
- 26.Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- 28. Paediatric
- General Paediatrics
- Paediatric Intensive Care
Applications are invited from trainees and Fellows for these training positions. Trainees must have completed the IMM module and meet the English Language criteria set by the General Medical Council.APPLY ONLINE
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered
- UHB will sponsor GMC registration provided that the applicant has the required score in the IELTS
Eligibility and application process
- Candidates from all CPSP fellowship programs are eligible to apply.
- Consideration will only be given to trainees who have been successful in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to a level that will allow registration with the GMC (e.g. at least 7.0 in each testing area (speaking, listening, reading and writing), and an overall score of 7.5).
- Candidates must provide evidence of their experience which must be supported by the log book available with the College. The College may seek additional information.
- Candidates must be in good standing with the College
- Selection will be based on interview and the final decision will be made by the College.
- Interviews will be conducted at CPSP Regional centres at Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi.
- Successful candidates will be required to give an undertaking to the College and UHB that they will return to Pakistan on completion of their training.
Closing Date for Applications
- Applications must be submitted by Monday 18th March 2019
- All applications MUST be full, completed and submitted online to the College using the UHB application form.