Continuing Medical Education | CME
CPSP CME ACTIVITIES (Category A) Eligible for credits
1. Conducted by DME
- Mandatory Workshops
- Workshops for Residents
- Workshops for Supervisors
- Refresher workshops for supervisors, examiners and fellows on request of specialist faculties
- Courses conducted by the specialist faculties exclusively or jointly in collaboration with other organizations
- Face to face
- MCPS-HPE Course (for Instructors only)
- MCPS-HCSM Course (for Instructors only)
- Test Item Writing/Reviewing Activities
- Item construction
- Item review
2. Conducted by Advanced Skills Department
- ATLS ( for instructors only)
3. Conducted by Other Departments
This could be like a journal club using JCPSP articles only and with defined Objectives and questions to be addressed. The provider will determine the CME credits in accordance with the hours of the activity for each article reviewing manuscript of an original research article prior to publication in JCPSP.
SOPs for Category A
- The prescribed ‘Pre-Application Request Form’ for a CME activity has to be submitted to the CME Unit of the Department of Medical Education CPSP at least two weeks before the proposed dates of the activity along with all prescribed enclosures. (Appendix-1)
- The registration for all CME activities has to be done on the prescribed ‘Registration Form’ (Appendix-2).
- All planners, organizers and speakers/facilitators are to submit the prescribed ‘Disclosure Form(Appendix-3)
- The objectives, content and schedule of the activity including hours of instruction by each speaker/facilitator/instructor are to be submitted with the ‘Pre-Application request’.
- Upon completion of the activity the prescribed ‘Post-Activity Form’ (Appendix-4) has to be submitted within two weeks to the CME Unit along with duly signed Attendance Sheet (Appendix-5) and an Evaluation report of the activity on the basis of the prescribed ‘Feedback Form’ (Appendix-6) or any other tool of assessment used such as pre and posttests.
- The CME unit will determine the AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for the activity, and shall issue e-certificates to the participants of the activity after having received the attendance on the prescribed sheet from the organizer. (Appendix 1-6)
Collaborative Activities (Category B) Eligible for credits
Any institute of the country can collaborate with CPSP in the organizing of a CME activity. Such organization shall submit the prescribed ‘Pre-Application Request Form’ for a CME activity to the CME Unit of the Department of Medical Education CPSP at least six weeks before the proposed dates of the activity along with all prescribed enclosures as given (Appendix-7) of the booklet and the following:
SOPs for Category B:
- A detailed proposal
- Name of the organizers
- Name of focal person of the department/faculty of CPSP
- Name of focal person and institute collaborating with the CPSP for the activity
- All planners, organizers and speakers/facilitators are to submit the prescribed ‘Disclosure Form’ (Appendix-8)
- Time, date and duration of the activity
- List of speakers ( name, contact info, institute and designation)
- Complete schedule (minute-to-minute program)
- Expected number of participants
- ‘Registration Form’ given in (Appendix-9) or either use should incorporate the content of the CPSP prescribed form in its registration form.
- Refreshment requirement (tea/lunch).
- The proposal shall be scrutinized by the DME for identification of any commercial interest or conflict of interest. If any conflict of interest is identified, the proposal will be sent to the Technical Committee of CME for resolution of conflict.
- The DME will advertise the activity on CPSP website and with the help of focal person(s) shall organize the activity.
- Upon completion of the activity the prescribed ‘Post-Activity Form’ (Appendix-10) has to be submitted within two weeks to the CME Unit along with duly signed Attendance Sheet (Appendix-11) and Evaluation report of the activity on the basis of the prescribed ‘Feedback Form’ (Appendix-12).
The CME unit will determine the AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for the activity, and shall issue e-certificates to the participants of the activity after having received the attendance on the prescribed sheet from the organizer.
Co-provider shall pay to the CPSP following charges:
- Venue charges : Pay to CPSP for venue @ Rs. 10,000 per day (if CPSP premises are to be used)
- Airtime : Rs. 5000 per day for video linked activities
- Request processing Fee for:
- Activity of a day: Rs. 10,000/- ($100)
- Activity of two days: Rs. 20,000/- ($200)
- Activity of more than 2 days: Rs. 40,000/- ($400)
- Share in income from registration : 10%
- Co-provider shall bear all expenses incurred on the activity including:
- Travelling & Lodging of speakers and facilitator
- Food & beverages
The request will not be processed unless bank draft of the processing fee is deposited in favour of CPSP. Credits earned by postgraduate trainees, facilitators and supervisors are awarded online and a record is electronically transferred into their CME history in the e-log book®.