Directorate of National Residency Program
The Directorate of National Residency Program (DNRP). College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan was established to improve the organization and quality of all CPSP Residency Programs.
- Works closely with the CPSP Curriculum Committe, Examination Committee, Department of Medical Education, Information Technology (IT) Department, Examination Department and the Registrar's Office.
- Collates necessary information regarding residents, supervisors, institutional directors, curricula, units, specialties, sub specialties and accredited institutions from Registration & Research Cell (R&RC), Information Technology (IT) Department and Advanced Skills Department.
- Provides information to supervisors and Institutional Directors to facilitate understanding of basic themes and structure of effective Post Graduate Residency training programs.
- Evaluates performance of supervisors, residents and institutions through on-line Performance Evaluation Report System that is used to generate quarterly reports.
- Maintains records of Accreditaion and Re-Accreditation of CPSP Residency Training Institutes along with their residency positions by coordinating with Registrar's Department.
- Coordinate with residents and supervisors to answer their queries and tries to resolve their issues. In due course of time, this should be through the concerned Institutional Director PGME.
- Attend moots and resolve issues of the Faculties, supervisors, residents, various CPSP department heads and institution heads (Institutional Director) on a regional basis.
- Keeps a record of the proceedings of moots related to the National Residency Program for perusal of President and Council and facilitates implementation of their approved recommendations.
- Monitors e-log book & evaluations. It prepares quarterly reports from e-log book for feedback and case entries.
- Maintains all records of performance reports of residents and supervisors in their data base.
- Maintains records of policies, regulations, notifications and proposes necessary amendments to update the above.
- Supports R&RC for induction of residents in accredited institutions, to update the vacant and filled residency program.
Functional Working of DNRP:
Update online record of residency positions in CPSP accredited institutions in the months of January and July.
Online Competency Monitoring System:
Update online competencies of Specialty Faculties of Fellowship and Membership Programs.
e-log Monitoring System:
e-portal monitoring of supervisors and residents performance.
Institutional Director PGME System / Tutor System:
An appropriate Supervisors would be nominated as tutors / Director/ Associate Dean PGME and would help resolve residents, supervisors, curricular implementation problems and maintain a bridge between supervisors, residents and the Directorate of National Residency Program (DNRP) of CPSP.
Update online records of overseas CPSP registered supervisors, residents and institutions.