Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery Test - (FLS Test)
CPSP is pleased to announce that it has been recognized as international FLS test center.
The FLS program content has been endorsed by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and is a joint educational offering of Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) and American College of Surgeons (ACS). FLS is a comprehensive web-based education module that includes a hands-on skills training component and assessment tool designed to teach the physiology, fundamental knowledge, and technical skills required in basic laparoscopic surgery.
- To improve the quality of care received by patients undergoing laparoscopic surgery
- To set minimum standards for basic cognitive and technical skills used in performing laparoscopic procedures
- To provide surgeons practicing laparoscopy with standardized didactic information on the fundamentals of laparoscopic surgery and a tool to assist in development of judgment and manual skills
- To create an objective quantifiable measure to assess knowledge, judgment and manual skills in basic laparoscopic surgery
- To make available to hospitals and institutions a validated tool to measure the knowledge and skills fundamental to the performance of laparoscopic surgery
FLS Program Description
FLS establishes a standard set of didactic information and manual skills serving as a basic curriculum to guide surgical residents, fellows and practicing surgeons in the performance of basic laparoscopic surgery. By mastering the curriculum and gathering of skills in this inanimate modality, it is expected that surgical residents and surgeons will initiate and carry out their performance of laparoscopy more effectively, with greater skill, greater safety, and with lower complication rates than previously. The specific aim of FLS is that the knowledge and skills gained by those who master the FLS curriculum will improve the quality and safety of surgical care delivered to their patients.
FLS consists of:
- web-based study guides;
- An assessment tool that measure your cognitive and technical skills.
- Helps to address case-mix inequalities in a residency program
- Permits learning minimally invasive techniques in a safe environment without putting patients at risk
- Refreshes techniques for laparoscopic surgeons returning to practice after an extended absence
FLS candidates are
- Junior and senior surgical residents
- Surgical Fellows
- Certified practicing surgeons
- Residents and fellows in an accredited program of gynecology, urology, surgical oncology or other program that teaches laparoscopic procedures
- Certified practicing gynecologists, urologists and other physicians who perform laparoscopic procedures
After completion of the self-instructional web-based program, eligible test candidates may schedule the FLS Exam
The College has started administration of FLS TEST at its Head Office at 7th Central street, DHA Phase II, Karachi and also at Islamabad and Lahore regional Centers.
The registration fee for CPSP Fellows and residents is subsidized i.e PKR 65,000. Please attach copy of fellowship or RTMC card with your registration form.
The candidates are required to contact and apply for the FLS@ Test at the following address:
Ms, Nusrat Perveen
Senior Coordinator Advanced Skills Department
College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan
Block - D, New Muslim Town, Lahore
P.O. Box 54000
Tel: 042- 99231,320-5
Email : email@example.com