CPSP Library Rules and Regulations
Upon entrance at College of Physicians and Surgeons (CPSP) Library premises, it is mandatory for the members to understand and hence agree to abide by all the Library Rules and Regulations.
- The Library is open to its registered members only.
- Members are requested to show their Library membership card upon entrance to validate entry. The Library membership card is not transferable as it is token of privilege which only the member for whom they are issued is entitled to.
- Members must conduct themselves properly in the Library with respect and consideration for other members in order to maintain an appropriate study environment.
- Order and silence must be observed strictly in the Library.
- No bags, umbrellas, parcel, etc. except files and books may be brought into the Library. Storage facilities have been provided at the entrance of the Library.
- Writing on the walls, tables, chairs and other furniture and equipment in the Library is prohibited.
- Tearing off pages or mutilation of books and journals will lead to fine depending on the extent of distortion.
- Removal of Library materials or property from the Library premises / moving Library furniture from where it is placed by Library staff is prohibited.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Library.
- Consumption of food and drinks is not permitted in the Library / water bottles up to 600ml are allowed.
- Sleeping and/or laying in the Library premises is not allowed.
- Use of mobile phones inside library premises is strictly prohibited.
- Photography and filming in the Library are strictly prohibited.
- The reservation of seats in the reading areas is not permitted. Books and other articles left for any length of time on chairs and tables may be removed by the Library staff.
- While leaving the Library, members should ensure that they carry only their personal books, otherwise disciplinary action will be taken against them.
- Users leaving the Library premises may be subject to inspection of any library materials in their possession and/or their bags capable of containing Library materials.
- Computers are provided for the purpose of research and other educational endeavors. Misuse of these facilities e.g. game playing, personal email, chat, e-trade, hacking etc. is prohibited.
- Installation or un-installation of any program or service in any computer is strictly prohibited it is only the preserve of the librarian.
- If any device of the computer is not working, do not fix it kindly report to the Library staff.
- Computing equipment in the Library must not be used for the creation, display, importation, circulation or storage of offensive material.
- The Library will not accept responsibility for the loss or misplacement of personal belongings.
- The Library has full right to revoke the membership as a result of any violation to the rules.
- The Library staff on duty has the right to request a member to leave the premises of Library if he/she is found to be violating any of the Library rules.
- The Library Rules and Regulations will be modified from time to time without notice and will be posted on notice board.
The Main Purpose of these rules is safeguard the common interest of all users and to enable the Library to carry out its functions as efficiently as possible. Failure to observe the rules can lead to disqualification.