CPSP International Scholarship Programme
CPSP International Scholarship Programme at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (LTHT)
International Training Fellowships June 2019 APPLY ONLINE
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (LTHT) invites dedicated and engaged applicants from the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (CPSP) to take up the opportunity of a lifetime and apply to join our team for a two year scholarship.
- The city of Leeds is one of the fastest growing cities in the UK. With a thriving economy and excellent road, rail and air connections, Leeds is the UKs second largest financial centre and is home to many different communities so we are confident you will soon feel at home here. To find out more about the city please https://www.visitleeds.co.uk
- LTHT is a regional and national centre for specialist treatment, world renowned for research and clinical trials and also the local hospital for the city of Leeds. We provide all specialist services except cardio-thoracic transplantation.
- We are one of the largest hospitals in Europe and employ almost 2% of England’s entire NHS staff in Leeds alone. Our success is down to the value we place on our staff, and all new members will complete a comprehensive Trust and local induction to the hospitals and their respective departments and be provided with on-going local support from your own Educational supervisor in conjunction with the CPSP. Structured training will be provided for 2 years and will be recognised for training by the CPSP. As such you will be joining a dynamic and multicultural trainee body, working alongside local and other international trainees.
LTHT is excited to offer scholarships for both senior and junior fellows in the following areas:
For Junior Fellows
- 1. Acute Medicine
- 2. Paediatric Surgery
- 3. Neuro Stroke medicine
- 4. General Paediatric
- 5. General Surgery
- 6. Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose and Throat)
For Senior Fellows
- 1. Cardiac Surgery
- 2. Neuro Spines
General Eligibility Requirements
- All applicants must have completed as a minimum;
Junior Fellows FCPS (or equivalent) Part 1 Intermediate Module (IMM) is mandatory Advanced Life Support Certificate or equivalent 3 years post House Officer level Senior Fellows Full FCPS status (IMM & FCPS Parts 1 & 2) 4+ years experience in the specialty you are applying to Advanced Life Support Certificate or equivalent
- In order to take up a scholarship you must have passed either the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) OR The Occupational English Test (OET), and your IELTS / OET certificate must show:
Please refer to the table below for the minimum levels in each of the tests that are accepted by the LTHT:
IELTS Minimum Score Listening 7.0 Reading 7.0 Writing 7.0 Speaking 7.0 Overall 7.5 OET Minimum Score Listening B Reading B Writing B Speaking B Overall B
- Both the IELTS and OET certificates are valid for 2 years and must be valid at the time you apply for your GMC registration.
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is a GMC Approved Sponsoring Body for this scheme and will sponsor the applicants GMC registration.
Please note that if you don’t have Advanced Life Support Certificate or equivalent, you can register/enroll yourself from ASD (Advanced Skill Department) of CPSP and attach the registration/enrollment receipt along with your Online Application Form.
Closing Date for Applications
- Applications must be submitted by Friday 05 July 2019
- All applications MUST be full, completed and submitted online to the College using the LTHT application form. APPLY ONLINE
NOTE: IT IS REGRETTED THAT INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE PROCESSED.
NOTE : For Junior Fellowship it is mandatory to apply after IMM and for Senior Fellowship it is mandatory to apply after FCPS. Candidates should not have a gap in their employment history and serving in Pakistan for atleast one year.
- Interview date will be announced later.
- For more information on our hospitals please visit https://jobs.leedsth.nhs.uk/