Rowan Nicks International Scholarship - 2019
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons invites suitable applicants to apply for the 2019 Rowan Nicks International Scholarship. Rowan Nicks Scholarships and Fellowships are the most prestigious of the College’s International Awards and are directed at surgeons who have the potential to be leaders in their home country.
The 2019 Rowan Nicks International Scholarship is offered to qualified surgeons from targeted countries within the scope of RACS Global Health Strategic mission statement, "to support capacity building and leadership development in the Asia-Pacific Region" and to take up the Scholarship in Australia and/or New Zealand. The Fellowship is intended to provide an opportunity for the surgeon to develop skills to enable him/her to manage a department, become competent in the teaching of others, gain experience in clinical research and the applications of modern surgical technology and obtain further advanced exposure to general or specialist surgery. The aim is to ‘teach the teacher to teach others’ and all scholars must come with a sense of responsibility to the needs of their home base. The Scholarship will be awarded for a period of up to twelve months.
- Be under 45 years of age
- Must hold his/her country’s post-graduate qualification in surgery or its equivalent
- Meet the English language requirements for registration with the Australian Medical Board or Medical Council of New Zealand.
- Recipients must provide evidence that they have satisfactorily completed their training program by the time they take up their Rowan Nicks Fellowship in Australia or New Zealand
Applications must include the following
- A covering letter that outlines the aspirations and intended program*
- Curriculum Vitae - including details of published works (a good track record of publications is desirable)
- Certified copies of basic medical degree and Post-graduate qualifications
- Names and contact details of two referees who will be contacted separately
- Certified copy of IELTS test results and current Medical Regsitration
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by 30 November 2018.
Further information on the application process can be obtained from the College
Forward applications by Monday 15 October 2018 to:
Secretariat, Global Health Scholarships Committee Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) 250 - 290 Spring Street East Melbourne VIC 3002
For any assistance : Email: email@example.com, Phone: +61 3 9249 1137, Fax: +61 3 9276 7431.