CPSP International Training Program
CPSP International Scholarship Programme at University Hospitals Birmingham (UHB)
International Fellowship Training Programme 2022 APPLY ONLINE
- The President of CPSP is pleased to announce that the College has agreed clinical placements for CPSP Trainees and Fellows as part of its partnership with University Hospitals Birmingham (UHB). CPSP has approved the training provided during these clinical placements as meeting the College requirements for postgraduate examinations of the College and for continuous professional development. These placements have been secured by the College for CPSP Trainees and Fellows as part of its “brain gain not brain drain” policy.
- UHB is one of the largest university teaching hospital trusts in the UK and has an international reputation for postgraduate training in healthcare. The UHB International Fellowship Training Programme is a high-quality training programme. Trainees on this programme are supervised by a clinical supervisor with their training programme being overseen by an educational supervisor.
- The College provides a stipend through its scholarship programme to Trainees and Fellows selected for these placements for the whole period of the fellowship (two years). Further information on this can be obtained from the College.
- In addition, the College has a Regional Director, based in Birmingham, who is available to guide trainees during their two-year programme
UHB / CPSP are pleased to offer fellowships that will provide opportunities for you to join structured training programmes in a large range of specialities at both Junior Fellowship and Senior Fellowship levels in keeping with their prior experience and examinations
Junior Fellowships (IMM)It is clearly instructed that those who have already applied for the HSE Ireland Scholarship Program are not eligible to apply for the Junior Scholarship Program
- 1. Acute and General Medicine
A Fellowship in Acute and General Medicine will require you to rotate through a number of subspecialities of medicine, including acute medicine. These include, but are not limited to, Infectious Diseases; Respiratory Medicine; Nephrology; Diabetes; Gastroenterology, Geriatric Medicine and Critical Care
- 2. General Surgery
- 3. Medical Oncology
- 4. Neurosurgery
- 5. Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery
- 6. General Paediatrics
- 7. Neonatal Medicine
- 1. Acute and General Medicine
Senior Fellowships (FCPS)
- 1. Accident and Emergency Medicine (you must be registered with the College for Emergency Medicine to be eligible to apply)
- 2. Acute Medicine
- 3. Diabetes and Endocrinology
- 4. Nephrology
- 5. Health Care of Older People (Elderly Care)
- 6. Burns and Plastic Surgery
- 7. Colorectal Surgery
- 8. Upper GI Surgery
- 9. Urology
- 10. Ophthalmology
- 11. Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery
- 12. General Paediatrics
- 13. Neonatal Medicine
- 14. Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- 15. General Anaesthesia
- 16. Critical Care
Applications are invited from Trainees and Fellows for these training positions. Trainees must have completed the IMM module and meet the English Language criteria set by the General Medical Council.APPLY ONLINE
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered
- UHB will sponsor GMC registration provided that the applicant has the required score in the IELTS or OET testing systems.
Eligibility and application process
- Candidates from all CPSP fellowship programs are eligible to apply.
Please refer to the table below for the minimum levels in each of the tests that are accepted by the UHB:
IELTS Minimum Score Listening 7.0 Reading 7.0 Writing 7.0 Speaking 7.0 Overall 7.5 OET Minimum Score Listening B Reading B Writing B Speaking B Overall B
- Candidates must provide their experience which must be supported by the log book available with the College. The College may seek additional information.
- Candidates must be in good standing with the College.
- Selection will be based on interview and the final decision of the College.
- Interviews will be conducted virtually at CPSP Regional centres at Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi during January 2022 .
- Successful candidates will be required to give an undertaking to the College and UHB that they will return to Pakistan on completion of their training
Closing Date for Applications
- Applications must be submitted by Sunday 19 December 2021
- All applications MUST be full, completed and submitted online to the College using the UHB application form.