International Training Fellowships March 2019
Following a recent review of the training opportunities available at the University Hospitals Birmingham (UHB), the President of CPSP is pleased to announce that the College has agreed further clinical placements for CPSP trainees and Fellows. CPSP has approved these clinical placements and the training provided as meeting the College requirements for postgraduate examinations of the College and for continuous professional development.
UHB is one of the largest university teaching hospital trusts in the UK and has an international reputation for postgraduate training in healthcare. The UHB International Fellowship Programme is a high quality training programme and trainees on these clinical placements are supervised by a clinical supervisor and their training is overseen by an educational supervisor. It is these placements which the College has secured for CPSP trainees and Fellows as part of it “Brain gain not brain drain” policy.
The College provides a stipend through its scholarship programme to trainees and fellows selected for these placements for the whole period of the fellowship (two years). Further information on this can be obtained from the College.
In addition, the College has a Regional Director, based in Birmingham, who is available to guide trainees during their two-year programme
In conjunction with CPSP’s innovative scholarship programme, UHB is pleased to offer training in the following areas for March 2019
|Acute and General Medicine||02|
|Geriatric Medicine (Elderly Care)||02|
|Trauma and Orthopaedics||04|
|Diabetes and Endocrinology||01|
|Infectious Diseases and HIV||02|
|Trauma and Orthopaedics||01|
|Paediatric Cardiac Surgery||01|
|Paediatric Liver and HPB Surgery||01|
Applications are invited from trainees and Fellows for these training positions. Trainees must have completed the IMM module.
All applicants must meet the English Language criteria set by the General Medical Council.
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered
- UHB will sponsor GMC registration provided that the applicant has the required score in the IELTS
Eligibility and application process
- Candidates from all CPSP fellowship programs are eligible to apply.
- Consideration will only be given to trainees who have been successful in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to a level that will allow registration with the GMC e.g. at least 7.0 in each testing area (speaking, listening, reading and writing), and an overall score of 7.5.
- Candidates must provide their experience which must be supported by the log book available with the College. The College may seek additional information.
- Candidates must be in good standing with the College
- Selection will be based on interview and the final decision of the College.
- Interviews will be conducted at CPSP Regional centres at Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi week commencing Sunday 30th September.
- Successful candidates will be required to give an undertaking to the College and UHB that they will return to Pakistan on completion of their training
Closing Date for Applications
- Applications must be submitted by 21st September
- All applications MUST be full completed and submitted online to the College using the UHB application form.
Further information on the application process can be obtained from the College
- The candidates are strictly advised not directly coordinate with University Hospitals Birmingham (UHB) until and unless they are selected for this scholarship programme. Violation of the said instructions will result in disqualification of their selection.
- For any assistance/help you can coordinate with Ms. Noureen Khan at email@example.com and also contact at 021-99266433.