CPSP International Training Program
Ensuring the highest quality standards of medical practice in Pakistan is at the heart of the vision of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan. Training, continuous professional development, audit and evidence based medicine are fundamental to the achievement of this aim.
CPSP believes that international exposure of a doctor during his/her postgraduate training will help deliver this vision. Many fellows and senior fellows have benefitted from the training they have received abroad and have formed life-long relationships.
The CPSP has therefore established a number of training positions at Walsall Healthcare both a junior and senior level in order to give all eligible trainees and fellows an opportunity to train in an international environment.
Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust provides local general hospital and community services to around 260,000 people in Walsall and the surrounding areas and CPSP has inspected and approved these positions to ensure that they provide hands-on training. The training is of two years duration and trainees are expected to come back to Pakistan upon completion of their training.
These positions are funded by CPSP through a scholarship programme.
- Accident & Emergency
- Critical Care
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Eligibility and application process
- Candidates must be in good standing with the College.
- Senior Fellows: FCPS + IELTS
- Junior Fellows: IMM + IELTS
- IELTS: (at least 7.0 in each testing area, and an overall score of 7.5)
- Those candidates who do not possess IELTS are suggested not to apply for this program.
- Candidates must provide their experience which must be supported by the log book available with the college. The college may seek additional information.
- Applications to be submitted online Apply Online
- Selection will be based on interview and the final decision of the college.
- Interviews will be conducted at CPSP Regional Center(s).
- Successful candidates will be required to give an undertaking that they will return to Pakistan on completion of their training.